Sunday, April 13, 2008

Walkin’ on sunshine…

About five or six years ago, my daughter won a toy rabbit in an Easter Egg Hunt. If you happen to press the wrong button music would even come out. This Walmart-version rabbit sang, "I'm Walkin' on Sunshine". Interesting, because I know I wasn't walking any near that direction back then and so I didn't even pay attention to the lyrics. I just deeply wanted the annoying mechanically tin melody to stop.

In these last two weeks that same song has been playing on the radio. I tried to imagine what it would look like to walk on sunshine. It sounded like someone falling in love... so light that he or she could walk on air or on rays of sunshine. It must be a great feeling right? Well, I can't say I'm exactly walking on euphoria, yet I'm doing a whole lot better than a year ago when I was definitely at the end of myself.

Anyway, there are signs when you begin to heal. You begin to notice the grime and dirt on your windows and how dreary they look. You get the courage to climb up high and decide to attack the panes even when you're afraid of heights and wonder if the roof hanging off the side of the house can hold your weight? You begin seeing the dry flicks of paint too and decide to scrape them off as you clean with one hand and hang on with the other. You begin to notice that it wouldn't take that long to clean your neighbor's windows too and surprise him or her. What project you looking forward to?

Do you enjoy looking through squeaky clean glass as I do? What small accessible project have you yet to fulfill?

© Troubled Reflector 2008

No comments: