Thursday, November 15, 2007

Friendship covenant...

Have you ever made a friendship covenant? Let these thoughts sink in for a moment...I will look out for your best, you will feel dignified being with me, and you will be a healthier, better person when we are together. In these transactions, we establish a pact, a covenant of intimacy and trust. I do not manipulate your life , nor make you dependent upon me, nor are you my appendix, neither do you exist only to the measure you exist for me. With every advance of our friendship, you feel more self-respect, more independent. You are yourself when you are with me. Yet your happiness and your progress do not depend upon me… What a liberating feeling it is to interact without having to pay any rent, dues, obligations, favors, in a friendship. This is the essence of true love.

No comments: